About Me

Hi. My name is Sally Hall and I write YA. In 2019 I was shortlisted for the Varuna Publisher Introduction Program (I was also shortlisted in 2016). In 2014 I won a PIP Fellowship for a young adult manuscript. In 2013 I was awarded the CBCA NSW Charlotte Waring Barton Award which included a mentorship with Penguin Books Australia. I've had magazine and short stories published in various anthologies and placed in many competitions. I also write in a corporate capacity for my 'day job'. My website is www.sallyhall.com.au.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Writers reacting badly

How not to handle a bad review

Check out this interesting article on writers who reacted badly to a review http://listverse.com/2015/02/15/10-writers-who-took-themselves-way-too-seriously/?utm_content=buffer60440&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So if you ever get famous, remember everyone is entitled to their own opinions and even though they might give you a negative review you need to be the bigger person.

Probably easier said than done, I know, but any reaction can be copied and go viral. The replies in these cases obviously got more attention than the books.


Mobile book store in Bali
Want to know where the phrase 'There's no such thing as bad publicity' originated? Check out this link http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/there-is-no-such-thing-as-bad-publicity.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message. It will be shown after the author has given approval.