About Me

Hi. My name is Sally Hall and I write YA. In 2019 I was shortlisted for the Varuna Publisher Introduction Program (I was also shortlisted in 2016). In 2014 I won a PIP Fellowship for a young adult manuscript. In 2013 I was awarded the CBCA NSW Charlotte Waring Barton Award which included a mentorship with Penguin Books Australia. I've had magazine and short stories published in various anthologies and placed in many competitions. I also write in a corporate capacity for my 'day job'. My website is www.sallyhall.com.au.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

how to fit writing in to lifeBe passionate but practical

Check out this post from Allison Tait about fitting writing into a busy life http://allisontait.com/2015/01/be-passionate-but-be-practical/


I also have a family and a job but I really, really want to be a writer! Fortunately, I have made the commitment and 'find' the time to fit it in. Yes, that might mean I miss out on some relaxation and tv time but at least I appreciate it when it does happen.

We all have the same 24 hours in the day, some people just use them more productively than others.

Happy writing everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message. It will be shown after the author has given approval.